Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Choices

You know the most difficult thing to achieve, I've realised, is to make choices and that too the right ones.
It's almost a battle striving to achieve this equilibrim...a state of well-being where you know you're not hurting others and you're happy too. But to my dismay, I have conceived that there is no such state of being. Because with every step, you make a choice. And in the process you hurt some people and delight others. And the worst part is if anyone has to make the choice, it's YOU and only you!
Sometimes I feel, people spend a substantial amount of time making these choices. But what's the criteria? My happiness? My parents...my partner...my friends...Whose happiness are you pursuing?
The simple straight-forward answer would probably be of course, 'me' and noone else. But my dear readers, life's never been so uncomplicated in the first place. If it's only me, then aren't you being selfish and self-centred? So, then who? Parents? Yes, they are very important but so is your partner and your friends, etc etc etc.
That brings me back the perplexing question once again. How do you make a choice?
Prioritise would probably be it. But that, again isn't that discreet. On what basis do you prioritise...what you want, parents want, peers want...
I feel trapped in this whirlpool of choices...Is there really a way out? Am I making the right choices, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment